Do your part for AIDS research

Posted by Minnaar Pieters 18 May 2006
I am helping with AIDS drug research. No, I am not a scientist. I just run this distributed computing program calles FightAIDS@Home in the background. I dont even know what it does, but this is what the website says:

FightAIDS@Home
captures the otherwise wasted cycles of your computer and applies them to model the evolution of drug resistance and to design drugs necessary to fight AIDS. When your computer has finished a FightAIDS@Home computation, the FightAIDS@Home results are packed up and sent back to The Scripps Research Institute, ready for Scripps researchers to collect and analyze them

Check it out.
|
blog comments powered by Disqus
My photo
I am a R&D Analyst in Stellenbosch South Africa who has a immense passion for all things tech related. I embrace technology, open source and web standards, and I participate and contribute to the social web.