David Pogue on the iPod:

Posted by Minnaar Pieters 30 Sep 2006


















The New York Times’ David Pogue thinks Apple will “probably never” come out with an iPhone. “The problem is that when you build a cellphone, the carriers (Vodacom, Vodafone, etc.) have veto power over EVERY move you make,” Pogue says. “You have to fight, wheedle, cajole, beg, demo, refine, lather, rinse, repeat…all in hopes that the carriers will accept your design–and stock your phone. I cannot imagine Apple giving veto power to ANYONE over its software design. It just ain’t gonna happen.”

I have to say I agree with this somewhat. However, if the phone is enough of a "revolution" carriers can possibly be at Apple's command. I would love if Apple can shake things up in the cellphone world. It is the natural evolution of the iPod...

Thanks ilounge
|
blog comments powered by Disqus
My photo
I am a R&D Analyst in Stellenbosch South Africa who has a immense passion for all things tech related. I embrace technology, open source and web standards, and I participate and contribute to the social web.