Time for a upgrade...

Posted by Minnaar Pieters 05 Mar 2007



















Living in SA has its quirks = for example, Apple computers cost about 20 percent more than in the US. So that puts me in a predicament. I need to choose my next machine - it has to be something powerful and needs a nice big screen. I have narrowed it down between a Thinkpad Z Series and a MacBook Pro version.

I think I have to go for the Thinkpad even though I absolutely crave a Macbook Pro...

Z61P Widescreen ThinkPad: Intel Centrino Duo (Intel Core 2 Duo T7200) 2.00GHz, 2GB, 100GB, ATI Mobility FireGL V5200 256MB graphics, 15.4" WUXGA (1680 x 1050), Multi-burner Dual Layer, Modem, Gigabit, Intel 3945 11a/b/g Wireless, IEEE1394, Bluetooth, Security Chip, FPR, Windows Vista Business, 3 Year carry-in warranty.



This will cost me the same as the lower end Macbook Pro...

Vicious right? Niiiiicce...
blog comments powered by Disqus
My photo
I am a R&D Analyst in Stellenbosch South Africa who has a immense passion for all things tech related. I embrace technology, open source and web standards, and I participate and contribute to the social web.