HTC shifting focus to more Android based handsets

Posted by Minnaar Pieters 22 Jul 2009
HTC plus AndroidIn a move I cannot help but applaud, HTC has decided move 50% of its models in 2010 to the Android platform. After stagnant development of Windows Mobile, it was only a matter of time. Considering that HTC is one of the world's largest cellphone manufacturers (and possibly the biggest Windows Mobile manufacturer) I cannot help think that Microsoft must really paranoid about android.

Thats what you get when you refuse to improve your software, regardless of tremendous strides taken by your competitors. Taking the new HTC Hero into account, it is also clear that HTC has much more freedom on interface than the previous TouchFLO implimentations on their Windows Mobile devices.

Well done HTC.

blog comments powered by Disqus
My photo
I am a R&D Analyst in Stellenbosch South Africa who has a immense passion for all things tech related. I embrace technology, open source and web standards, and I participate and contribute to the social web.