Out with the old, In with the new

Posted by Minnaar Pieters 10 Dec 2009
Seeing as I am changing jobs in 2010, I had to go ahead and buy myself a new Macbook Pro (ouch), which will replace my year old Macbook Unibody. To be honest, I have loved the Macbook since the moment I got it, but I have to give it back to my old place of work. Upgrading to the Macbook Pro is a strange experience, to the untrained eye the two machines look almost exactly the same. I went for the higher end 2.53 GHz model, and upgraded the hard drive to a 7200 rpm model just for a little more zip. But boy do you feel the difference once you start playing around. The biggest difference can be felt in VMware Fusion, which is probably down to double the RAM. Here you can see the two brothers side by side:


|
blog comments powered by Disqus
My photo
I am a R&D Analyst in Stellenbosch South Africa who has a immense passion for all things tech related. I embrace technology, open source and web standards, and I participate and contribute to the social web.