Think ebook readers are so great?

Posted by Minnaar Pieters 14 Dec 2009
I have recently got hold of a Amazon Kindle International Edition (review coming in the next few weeks), and I have to agree, it is a very impressive little piece of hardware. While its basic hardware is not really all that incredible (except maybe the e-ink screen), the device is significant in that it might shake up the entire publishing industry, from books to magazines to newspapers. As a bit of gadget obsessed society, we sometimes to tend to become obsessed more with the hardware than the actual facts. Case in point - Sun newspaper in the UK made this excellent ad that just makes us think twice about e-readers, iPhones, "iSlates" etc.




Makes you think eh?
blog comments powered by Disqus
My photo
I am a R&D Analyst in Stellenbosch South Africa who has a immense passion for all things tech related. I embrace technology, open source and web standards, and I participate and contribute to the social web.